We finally got around to pick out colors for the kitchen and bedroom and set money aside to do the project. It was my first time painting so Mr. I-have-built-houses-I'm-a-artist gave me a pep talk and I was on my way we were able to complete the breakfast nook in two days. Once we put the kids to bed and cleaned up from dinner we got to work. First I took pictures:
After pictures we primed and let it dry overnight. (We walked in the kitchen this morning with Violet and her first response was "wow!" She had no idea we were going to paint it) Then tonight we painted one accent wall and the window wall. Painting the "accent wall" wasn't in the plan. Once we painted it, the yellow was very yellow....and pastel. We felt defeated. Like "oh my gosh i hate it" After face timing with my friend Amanda today and showing her our chosen color she suggested the accent. She is one smart lady! We decided we would try it. After all , it's just paint we can paint it again!
So without much further ado...
We really like the "summer sun" and "oatlands subtle taupe" together. We plan on using the gray throughout the house...since we bought a huge 5 gallon barrel! I'm exciting for a "new" room and colors to play with for decorating! And yay for our very first home project!






1 comment:
Looking good Owens!
Post a Comment